Thursday, December 18, 2014

Parent Gifts and Fonts


'Nuf said.

Insanity and delirious are the only two words coming to mind right now.  

About 3 hours ago I was falling asleep trying to get pictures ready for my sweet darlings parent gifts. I guess somewhere in the last few hours I either 1) got a second wind OR 2) knew that waking up at 3 to finish my work probably won't happen tomorrow with the state of exhaustion I'm feeling.  

 I think option 2.

Regardless, finishing up making my examples for parent gifts (well, waiting for glue to dry...is that really considered a "task?").  Debating whether or not to cut the pictures out myself or let my firsties do it........hmm.  Normally I have my students do everything but we're taking a slightly different approach this year (when plan A failed...a slightly more challenging plan B popped up).  

My kiddos started these today and will finish tomorrow...(these are my examples)


Totally inspired from Pinterest and combined with other ideas.  

I found the wood blocks at Hobby Lobby for $2.99 for four.  I got both circles and squares for two reasons...
1.  They simply didn't have enough of just one kind for my whole class.
and
2.  To give the kids a chance to pick and personalize.

They first painted the blocks white.  Meanwhile, I did a little photo session combined with a green blanket backdrop hanging from my bulletin board and a colorful string of lights.  The kiddos were tangled up one by one and took some cute pics.  Tomorrow we will finish the second part (needed to print my pictures from home so I could add some text to the pics). ;)  

I uploaded the pics to my computer and using a Pages document (iMac) inserted pictures into squares and circles shapes measured and stretched to match the blocks.  

Print, cut, Mod Podge.

When the Mod Podge dries, I will be staple gunning holiday ribbon to the backs to make a pretty darn cute ornament!  Still waiting for the glue to dry, but currently loving!  Can't wait to see how they turn out tomorrow!

I'll be honest though...besides the insanity of getting all the presents ready for...everyone...my little sleep time has not been invaded by my dang obsession to make fonts.  Ugh!!!  I know in a couple days I'll have more time (possibly) but I can't resist.  at. all.  

This is my latest...

CN Doodles

#whoneedssleep

Oh wait.  I do.  ;)  



No comments:

Post a Comment