Saturday, December 13, 2014

Grinch Day Review

In an attempt to post something.  anything. here it is.


Benchmark testing.

Scheduling special December events.

School holiday parties.

Teaching curriculum.

Observations.

Getting ready for Santa.

Keeping up with Herbert (our elf).

Thinking of thoughtful gifts...for everyone.

Ordering/Shopping for thoughtful gifts.

Wrapping thoughtful gifts.



Phew!  Is it winter break yet?!?


December has been a busy month.

Grinch Day went fabulously!!  I decided to be a little silly and sport this look to get my kiddos really in the spirit of the day.  

photo courtesy of a fabulous coworker!
not sure how to pose.
so awkward.

With the help of this amazingly light and helpful tool...


And the power of a high pony tail...

I managed to hold that hair strong all day.  Quite fun, I have to admit.  However, it startled me every time I caught my reflection somewhere.  ;)

The best part was seeing my kiddos all dressed up! Lots of Cindy Lou's and even some Grinch's.  So sweet!



Hard to see in the pictures but there are some fantastic do's and even one face painting.  
Yet another reason to love first grade!!


We had created these earlier in the week.


And of course, I rarely do a craft without some sort of writing.  So on the back of these hanging beauties, the kiddos wrote about what Christmas means to them.  

Get your craftivity here.



We also attempted some Grinch slime (well, the heart of the Grinch slime since green glitter glue could be found nowhere!)...but to no avail.  Although it looked fun, it quickly hardened and was definitely not slime.



This was our finished product.  Hmm...  Next time I will try measuring correctly.  ;)

We also watched the classic video of How The Grinch Stole Christmas and enjoyed some Grinch kabobs after.

(I didn't take a picture in my lack of time...however, I decided to let my kiddos assemble their kabobs rather than me putting them together and let the fruit get all mushy from sitting.  While they watched the video, I laid out cupcake holders-the paper kind, nothing fancy- and placed a green grape, strawberry, slice of banana, one mini marshmallow, and two toothpicks in each one.  I allowed the kiddos a couple minutes to try assembling theirs first...while everyone was getting their kabob ingredients.  Then I showed them how.  They were so excited.  And since we have so many food allergies and sensitivities in our room, it was a terrifically healthy treat!!)


This past week was so hectic.  I didn't get a chance to take many pictures at all. 
We worked on some Gingerbread activities and read so many stories relating to this wonderful character.  We are wrapping up on Monday with all our literacy work.

I did, however, snag a few other photos at home this week.

some intense concentration on writing.
love.

so excited to remove every ornament OFF the tree.
and listen to them play music.
and dance.
love.
Over winter break I have some simple goals.

Sleep. Play. Snuggle. Host. Create. Post.

Until then....let's just work on getting through this week.

Good luck, teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment