Saturday, June 6, 2015

Summer Projects #2 and #3...Surgery and Chalkboards

Checking off two more to-do projects on my summer list.  Totally not school related but both totally school related.  Let me explain. 

Anyone who reads this blog (or lack thereof) and/or has missed me at school this past year...it's mostly been for these two.
We had a B.A.D. year of illnesses raging through our house.  I when I say bad...I mean...there were months that I wondered if I was even at school.  (Add in the countless amounts of meetings, IEPs, and trainings and you've got one missing teacher most of the year!)    :(

Summer project #2...get those tonsils and adenoids out.  Tubes in.
Check!

Hopefully next year this sweet girl will get to be at school for all the fun days like holiday parties and such.  #brokemyheart

Three things...
1.  The doctors and nurses had fun dressing up Rocket for the surgery.  So cute!
2.  This adorable boy popped right up after his nap and carried on as usual.  Help me!
3.  That darling girl was in great spirits and smiling at Grandpa's jokes before even discharged.  Love!

So while this surgery is not official school business, I am hopeful that it will help us all to be at school more this coming year.  Maybe even perfect attendance!!!  #agirlcandream


Summer project #3...create more chalkboard art.
(Almost) Check!

It all started with this...


A friend had asked me to make a birthday board for her daughter.  I had never created one before and assumed she wanted me to make it on the computer.  When she delivered the real board and markers, obviously I figured it out.  (duh.)  What I didn't imagine was how much I would enjoy doing it!!

The obsession then began...

for friends and coworkers...


for family...


and for parent helper gifts...

(That's the school related part.  It's a stretch.)

Here is my most recent one.


I made the newest birthday board but then quickly realized maybe I needed one of these for my own house.  (The one on the right I will keep.  Thank you, Michaels.  Still thinking of the perfect message to put on it.)

I can't fully check off my summer project #3 yet because I still have two more boards I have been asked to make.  I'm quite excited (#totalnerd) because they are both for high school graduates/parties.  Something new!

It will be checked off soon though...parties are next weekend.  


Although I don't know what number it is on my summer to do list, I will be uploading and selling my fonts at some point.  Recently I updated the app and lost everything.  43 fonts gone.  Seriously...G.O.N.E.  
(Could you hear the crying from your house?!?!)  It was all shades of sad around here.  

Luckily, the glitch was fixed and we were back in business.  Now my number rocks around 50!!  
(Be still my nerdy font-lovin heart!)

These two even wanted to do some "letter making."  ;)

Honestly, what a FANTASTIC idea for preschoolers and kinders learning letters and formation!!  
A new station, perhaps?  
If I taught littler ones...
And if I released control of my font app to little ones...
Which I'm not there yet.

Happy Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment