Saturday, April 25, 2015

Do What You Love.

I'm feeling this.

Get your freebie here.

It has been a stressful month and a half of meetings, teaching, sick kiddos, school events, birthdays, more sick kiddos, doctor appointments, and going and going.  Luckily, we are now in the home stretch nearing the end of the year.  (24 days left to be exact!)  It really is my least favorite time of year.  

For a couple reasons...

It means another round of report cards.  ick!

It means I have to stop procrastinating and assemble those memory books I promise myself I will be so much better at staying on top of each year.  (I think my fingers were crossed with each promise!)

It means I have to pack up my room for summer cleaning.  #dreadingit

It means another round of end of the year assessments...and then grading them.  another ick!

Mostly, it means saying goodbye to the sweeties I've spent the last 9 months getting to know.

Yes, I am that sap that on the last day of school cannot, I mean CANNOT, control her emotions.  We're talking sunglasses inside outta control.  (The struggle is for sure r.e.a.l.)  It's not that I don't think they will be in good hands next year.  I absolutely KNOW they will.  But for nine months, they were mine.  With all their quirks, sillies, seriousness, velcro-peeling (that one snuck in there!), and growing...I got to watch them grow so much.  This is the beauty and downfall of first grade!


However, the blessings are...

I get some time to rejuvenate and spend more time with these sweeties instead.



  
I also get more time to create...for school. For fun. For others. For my home. For my kids.
Just the time will be nice...even if only for a short while.  

(I was blessed and honored to create this for a friend's little girl's first birthday!)


I will have time to finally get all my fonts together and possibly sell.  I now have quite the collection...and a growing collection of ideas.  #totalfontnerd
(How did doodling while on the phone in highschool turn into such a fantastically fun hobby later in life?  Who would have guessed?!)

Looking forward to some down time after the next 24 days.  Before that though, I have some reports calling my name, memory book pages to print, and workstations to prep.  Tonight?!??  Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment