Saturday, March 14, 2015

Rainbow Craftivity

I relish these weekends!  This is the first weekend since long before the holiday craziness that we haven't had a party, a sport, a holiday, or an event to prepare for.  Phew!  So does that mean we sat around all day relaxing and enjoying this beautiful spring day....

Nope!

Instead, we did this.

A big day for this little girl...we got her ears pierced!  She was such an amazing little trooper.  (I don't think she actually took a breath until they were done with both ears!)  A few tears flowed but then her excitement sparkled through and she was so proud.  She picked the same earrings her sister did when she got hers pierced.  Such a sweet moment shared between the girls.  Melt my heart.

Later, while they enjoyed the spring weather (finally!), I put the finishing touches on this cute craftivity and was able to upload it to my TPT store.  Get yours here.


I have to say I'm quite thrilled about how this activity turned out.  It started with just the idea of the rainbow and pot of gold and progressed from there.  What made it special for me was rather than doing it with my students step by step, almost all of them were able to read the directions I typed up for them and create this craftivity independently.  

We did read through the directions together and I had an almost completed example hanging (I don't usually do the writing as an example because I know most will copy or steal ;) my ideas and I want them to think of their own).  It was fantastic to see their creations and read their writing after they finished.  We hung ours from our ceiling clips but since there's nothing on the back, they could be hung on the bulletin board as well.  

Here are a few examples...my incomplete one and a couple student examples.

Since I'm still in rainbow mode...I'm working on an assortment of rainbow activities for a special kinder's art birthday party coming up.  I couldn't be more thrilled to be having this party for my little graphic designer.  It's been quite fun already brainstorming and pinning ideas.  

On top of all the birthday excitement, I've also been working on a couple new fonts to add to my collection.  These last few seem to all be dedicated to special people in my life.  I can't wait to finish and share them!!  Truly such a dream come true.  #totalteachernerd

And since all the littles are sleeping and the house is clean...I'm off to create!

Soooo true....at least for me!  ;)

Happy Spring Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment