Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fonts, fonts, and more fonts!

Every Thursday my favorite magazine is delivered and while it takes lots of self-discipline, I save it for my Friday night.  Why you ask??  It has become sort of my tradition to "treat" myself each week with a little complete mindless vegging out while reading up on celebrities, their whereabouts, and of course what they were wearing.  ;)

In addition to that treat...I discovered my newest obsession and reward last December.  I began making my own fonts and anyone who follows me on Instagram or reads this barely-there blog, knows what a font nerd I am.  It's true.  I am a font nerd and I no longer even try to hide it.  

I have been downloading and using some of the greatest fonts for many, many years.  It has always been a random, but hopeful dream that someday I could make my own just as I often do on my classroom easels, Smartboard, handouts for students, or my own personal use.  When I discovered I COULD make my own, I was thrilled.  I'm nowhere close to being perfect but I have learned many tricks for myself and improved quite a bit since last December.  

So while it's not as often as I would really like, when I get a chance to "treat myself," it's often with some time to just sit and create.  I often think of ideas or get inspiration at random times so I have several on-going lists of fonts to create.  Most often I'm inspired by my firsties and thinking of fonts that model good writing formation or ones that I can use on signs, worksheets, or stations I create.  

This love of creating and using my own fonts has now become a goal whenever I design a new poster for my classroom or worksheet.  I often want to create something that shows off my font obsession.

Here are a couple...




Since black with bright colors is all the rage, most of my newest signs all sport this look.

Check out more in my TPT store.  

And while you're at it...if you are looking for some great new fonts with a lot of variety, check out my first 3 sets!  Set 3 was just launched tonight.  So excited to share!!


Grab Set 1 and Set 2 here also!



 Right now I'm going to treat myself to some more creating...

Happy font shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment